Thankfully, I have not given up. I am reminded that God still holds me up and gives me the grace I need to go on. The following verse has been going through my mind a lot this morning:
“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.” Psalm 37:23-24
My will and God's will are often at war. When I choose my will over what I know God wants for me, there are consequences. This was shown to me this past week in my weigh in. When I give into food cravings or eat too much, the consequence is weight gain. When I eat the way God intended for me to eat, the benefit is weight loss.
The verse I shared above is my hope to cling to to. I have not lost my salvation because I sinned. The verse says "though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord upholds him with His hand." God loves us. Just like a parent corrects and chastens a child, God will do something about my sin. There is relief and freedom in the chastening process.
Proverbs 3:11-12 says "“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor detest His correction; for whom the Lord loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights.”
I can rejoice knowing God loves me in spite of my failure. I know my God still upholds me with His hand. My friend, you too can know that God loves you. If you are not saved and would like more information on that, I would be happy to share with you how you can know. If you are saved, rest in the fact that regardless of our sin, God still upholds you with His hand as well.
A song that I have sung many times, including as special music, helps me focus on the strength I have in the Lord:
Be Strong in the Lord
Your mighty Defender is always the same.
Mount up with wings, as the eagle ascending;
Victory is sure when you call on His name.
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord;
And be of good courage, for He is your guide.
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord;
And rejoice for the victory is yours.
So put on the armor the Lord has provided,
And place your defense in His unfailing care.
Trust Him for He will be with you in battle,
Lighting your path to avoid every snare.
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord;
And be of good courage, for He is your guide.
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord;
And rejoice for the victory is yours.
Be strong in the lord, and be of good courage;
Your mighty Commander will vanquish the foe.
Fear not the battle for the victory is always His;
He will protect you wherever you go.
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord;
And be of good courage, for He is your guide.
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord;
And rejoice for the victory is yours.
You can hear this song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbIvlYjfnD4

1 comment:
I love that song. These little setbacks keep our vision clear. They remind us that it is not us...it is Him! Keep on keepin' on!
Post a Comment