The anger I was feeling towards discontented people and the anger towards the drama due to rumors/falsehoods needed to focus on how Godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Timothy 6:6) I am thankful for our pastor who has not tiptoed around issues and through his preaching I have grown by leaps and bounds this past year in my Spiritual walk. It had been 2 years since I had sat under the preaching like this and it is so refreshing to me to be convicted of sin areas in my heart that need to be dealt with so that I can grow in grace and knowledge. I feel sorry for people who are not teachable. To stagnate is stinky...literally!
As for the political issues, I needed to be reminded of Proverbs 21:1 "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." Ultimately God is in control and will have the victory. I just need to trust the Lord for the strength I need to continue life here on this earth.
Now comes the parenting issues. The Lord knows I am doing the best I can. He sees my heart. Regardless of what my kids do or say, it is not a reflection of my parenting bur actually a reflection of their sinful natures. Again, I just need to trust the Lord to work all things for my good and for His glory.
It all boils down to the fact that I can't change people. Only Christ can change people and they can only change if they are willing to be teachable. The anger is gone and it is replaced with rejoicing in Truth. God knows my struggles and He understands my desires to walk in obedience.
My Redeemer
Philip A. Bliss
I will sing of my Redeemer,
And His wondrous love to me;
On the cruel cross He suffered,
From the curse to set me free.
I will tell the wondrous story,
How my lost estate to save,
In His boundless love and mercy,
He the ransom freely gave.
I will praise my dear Redeemer,
His triumphant power I’ll tell,
How the victory He giveth
Over sin, and death, and hell.
I will sing of my Redeemer,
And His heav’nly love to me;
He from death to life hath brought me,
Son of God with Him to be.
And His wondrous love to me;
On the cruel cross He suffered,
From the curse to set me free.
Refrain
Sing, oh sing, of my Redeemer,
With His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon,
Paid the debt, and made me free.
With His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon,
Paid the debt, and made me free.
How my lost estate to save,
In His boundless love and mercy,
He the ransom freely gave.
Refrain
His triumphant power I’ll tell,
How the victory He giveth
Over sin, and death, and hell.
Refrain
And His heav’nly love to me;
He from death to life hath brought me,
Son of God with Him to be.
Refrain
No comments:
Post a Comment