When I saw the cartoon on the right--->
It made me laugh because my kids have had to face the reality that mom can't have a lot of junk food in the pantry and McDonald's is a place we have visited less frequently. "Why do we have to give up food that we like so the YOU can lose weight?" my son asked one day. My daughter boldly proclaimed "You were the one who got fat, not us. Don't punish me by making me eat like you do." Truth be told, I have not made them eat like I eat. I am buying less "good stuff" but there have been a couple times I have gone through the drive thru at McD's just to pick them up something and I came home and prepared my better for me food. Once again, however, my kids have shown me how I react to God's working in my life at times. "But Lord, I am comfy where I am so why would You want to rock my little boat and impress on me this change I need to make? I mean, You are holy and it is easy for You but remember, I am human so don't ask me to do anything too hard, okay?" Then I remember that it is because He loves me and wants so much more for me than I could ever give myself. The first part of Jeremiah 1:5 reminds me that "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." which means that He knew what I would struggle with before I was even born. He knew the choices I would make in life before I took my first breath. He is loving and patient with me. I am not a quick learner at times and I have gotten many "do-overs" in life but like Paul, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14)
As for my weight loss this past week, I have lost another 2.2 pounds for a total of 18.4 pounds lost. I am cautiously optimistic that I will reach the milestone of 20 pounds lost this next week. What amazes me most is that I am actually doing this! It has been a long time coming but I have reached the point of realization that I can sleep better. I can function better. I can do better for my well being.


1 comment:
woohoo!
Post a Comment