Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Diets are for people who are thick and tired of it!

This past week I noticed how loose my jeans were feeling and how I was constantly hiking them up (I hate belts) so I decided it was time to try the next size down.  While pulling them on I was trying to be cautiously optimistic so that I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't fit.  I fastened them with no problems at all!  Then came the zipper test.  You know the one.   The test where you realize that you may need to lay down on the bed to zip them up and then when you do finally get yourself stood up, you can't bend over or even sit well.  I held my breath as I began to pull up on the zipper.  It went right up!  HOT DIGGITY!  I stood there in the size smaller jeans, laughed out loud, and prayed "Thank you Lord!  I needed this!"

The way weight comes off makes no sense to me.  Last weekend I was on a camp out with my family and it is really hard to eat right while camping so I had actually been preparing myself all week for little or no weight loss.  Well, God must have been working very hard on my behalf because when I stepped on the scale this past Friday for weigh in, it was showing a 3.2 lb weight loss for the week!  Needless to say, I was thrilled!  I have now lost a total of 16.2 lbs.  Even with just this small amount (compared to what I need to lose yet) I am sleeping better and have more energy.  I find myself craving fruits and vegetables which is something I haven't done in years.  When I was constantly grazing, my body really didn't have opportunity to tell me what it wanted but now that I am not grazing all day, I can hear what it is telling me.  I Corinthians 6:12 explains how this can be.  "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful.  All things are lawful for me, but I will not be enslaved by anything." It is so easy to be enslaved to food and let it control you instead of you controlling it. Obviously we must eat in order to live. God wants us to eat. He does not, however, want us enslaved to food. Freedom to make the right choices. Use it wisely.

No comments: