Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, September 23, 2016

Weigh Day! (...or Taking Heart)

Today is the day I get to adjust my goal for the end of this year because God has enabled me to lose more than I imagined I could lose for this year.  I lost another 2 pounds this past week for a total of 34 lost since April 22, 2016.  The next few months are going to be harder because they are full of celebrations and food will play a big part.  We have our anniversary and Thanksgiving in November as well as 2 birthdays, gotcha day, and Christmas in December.  I am hoping to lose approximately 1 pound per week through the end of the year so I have increased my goal by 14 pounds.  

What I am rejoicing in even more than the weight loss is how my low back rarely hurts any more. My knee and calf of my bad leg still flare up in the evenings but ibuprofen and ice packs can usually get that to calm down.  One of my goals for the next year is to be able to transition from the recumbent elliptical to the stand up elliptical.  I try the stand up one with every 5 pound loss but my knee will flare up after about 2 minutes and then I am in pain the next couple days.  Eventually I should be able to get there, once I am not carrying so much weight.

Eating wise I am still eating foods I enjoy which makes this progress a little easier.  I definitely use much more moderation than my belly tells me to use but that is to be expected since we are constantly battling against the flesh in this life.  It is through Christ that I am strengthened and can put into practice John 16:33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." (ESV)

No comments: