Then Samuel took a stone...calling the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Promises. Lean on Them.

"But as you read in the Bible page after page,
You'll see that He's there, and he'll never forsake.
Surrender your life is all you must do.
You begin to see God's point of view,
He's there to change you.

You'll pray again, go kneel again.
Go knock on the door, askin' for more.
Strength for the fight, peace in the night.
Trusting by faith, the answer He'll send.
You'll pray again..."
Ben Everson Music, I'll Pray Again


I love those words.  Especially the "You begin to see God's point of view, He's there to change you."  When the reality starts to sink in that every thing in life that comes your way is divinely planted there specifically for you, you realize it is:

for good.  (Romans 8:28)

to give hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ. (Ephesians 3:17-19)

to not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. (Galations 6:9)

to lean on strength to do all things in Christ (Philippians 4:13)

Still in the thick of battle but armed with all I need.  Having to stand firm on the promises knowing that my God will do exceeding abundantly above all that I ask or think.  (Ephesians 3:20)






No comments: